Are you interested in becoming a bug detective and helping us look for technical bugs in our new app? Read below to find out what we need from you!
What the test is for? - To enhance all of the games hosted on our platform we have created a new app. This exciting step allows us to feature interactive puzzles such as combination locks, switches and other fascinating ways to solve cryptic puzzles! But, there may be issues that the techno-bods at City Escape Game HQ have missed. This is where we need YOU! By giving your team a free game you can help spot any unidentified bugs in our gadgets, gizmos and maps! You can put your mark on this experience by letting us know about these things:
- Were you able to access the game okay?
- Did the interactive map work for you?
- When entering an answer did the gadget work?
- How easy was it to navigate your way around the app?
These are just some things to keep in mind. There are more things to comment on and you will think of more as you go. Just be honest with us and tell us what worked and what didn't.
How do i test the App?
- Complete the registration form
- You will be sent an email from either - 'Google Play Console' or 'Apple Test Flight'. This will allow you to access the Roamr app.
- Once you have access to the Roamr App go to www.roamr.co.uk and select the game you would like to play.
- You will receive and email that contains a voucher code. When you are ready to play log into the Roamr app and enter the voucher code.
- Select the game icon and create a team. Other team members can login and join at this stage. (Other team members do not need a voucher code. They join by using a QR code)
- When out and about, having fun and solving challenges take a mental (or physical) note of anything that does not work on your device.
- Once you have completed the game fill out the feedback form in your Order Confirmation email. Alternatively you can send feedback to - email@example.com
When can I get started?
You can play any time of day within the dates of the test period. The dates of the test period will be announced soon. We will keep in touch with any important information or updates that may affect the test period.
Where do we go to start playing?
The games offered on this test are based in Norwich City Centre. The starting locations of each will be provided to you before the start of the test and are also available in app.
Who should I include in my team?
Yourself and a dedicated group of up to 5 other detectives! However, please stick to the current COVID-19 guidelines when playing the game. You should play as a household/bubble or as a pair. Please read the government’s latest guidance here - Lastest COVID-19 guidelines
Thanks for reading and remember to have fun!